Know the Best Upholstery Fabric When You Have Pets at HomeDecember 2, 2019
Pets are indeed one of the greatest creatures to ever grace our otherwise bleak and mundane world. Whatever their sizes are, whether they are -- big, small, furry or ferocious-looking, they sure have made our lives better in one way or another. They have become our constant and consistent companions that we made them part of our families. But it is not all rainbows and butterflies when it comes to these adorable animals. There are instances wherein we scratch our heads out of frustration because these cute ones can be messy.
Although pet discipline training can be achieved, you cannot train them into obedience at an instant. Before you can get them to follow you, you have to endure first a series of cleanups and patience testing. But if you are opting for a more secure and long-term adjustment, pet-proofing your home could be your best bet. Below are the best upholstery fabrics when you have pets at home.
Aside from being a trendy upholstery fabric, velvet can also be an ideal material for your home especially if you have furry friends around. Pet hair can be easily removed from velvet by using a lint brush or a slightly damp cloth. However, due to the nature of the fabric, velvet can show marks and stains easily. This means it may be better to save your velvet touches to curtains rather than footstalls and poufs.
More often than not, tweed is the default upholstery fabric for pet owners, thanks to its durability. However, many are not aware of the characteristics of tweed that might not seem to be a good idea if you have furry companions. It is because the deep weave in tweed could actually trap cat or dog hair, making a lot more difficult to clean. If you do however still want to go ahead with reupholstering a chair with a tweed fabric, consider investing in some throws that can be washed and replaced easily.
Perhaps the easiest option for pet owners, leather can be wiped clean time and resists odours long term. The only downside however, is that leather is prone to showing scratches. For cat owners especially, it can be that newer leather styles just aren’t practical. If you opt for an older more vintage-looking aged leather, scratches can be concealed more easily, and sometimes even add to the shabby-chic look and enhance the style you’re going for.
Revamp your upholstery with pet-friendly fabrics for a convenient and hassle-free home. Visit us at Absolute Upholstery. We can upholster, re-cover, repair and make loose covers for all your domestic furniture. Sofas, chairs, ottomans, stools, headboards, cushions and just about anything you can think of.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Welcome the New Year with Newly Upholstered Furniture
- Know the Best Upholstery Fabric When You Have Pets at Home
- Cushions for Sofas: Tips on How to Mix and Match with Your Upholstery
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Good Idea When Moving to a New Home
- Upholstery using Velvet Fabric: A Way to Give an Old Furniture a Luxurious Look
- Revive Your Home Patio with the Upholstery of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Upholstery: A Sustainable Solution for Your Old Furniture
- Common Amateur Upholstery Mistakes that You Should Avoid
- Upholstery of Chiropractor and Massage Tables: Contact Absolute Upholstery
- Reuphosltery of Gym Equipment: Why is it Necessary?
- Reupholstering Old Furniture: Is it Practical and Worth the Cost?
- Recovering Soft Furniture Wear and Tear: Reupholstery is Your Budget-Friendly Solution
- Dentist Chair Reupholstery: What Makes it a Cost-Saving Idea?
- Furniture Upgrade for a Tight Budget: Why is Reupholstery the Best Option?
- Booth Seating Upholstery in Restaurants: What Type of Fabric Should You Choose?
- Benefits of Reupholstery for Built-in Couches with Upholstered Walls
- Reupholstery: Practical Solution for Scratched or Torn Office Reception Furniture Upholstery
- Modernise your Bar by Reupholstering Your Bar Lounges and Stools
- Optimise Your Work Space with Custom Made Upholstery
- How to Pick the Right Upholstery Fabric for Office Furniture
- Choosing Home Furniture Upholstery: Your Choice of Design Matters
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Practical Choice
- When to Reupholster Commercial Chairs and Lounges
- Home Furniture Upholstery: Why Quality and Design Matters
- Choosing Between Cotton and Foam as Upholstery Inserts: Pros and Cons
- Upholstery Slip Covers: Benefits, Purposes and Functions
- View all articles…