How to Pick the Right Upholstery Fabric for Office FurnitureMarch 5, 2019
The type of furniture definitely has an impact on the look of a room, however, what is often misunderstood and overlooked is that upholstery fabric is the ultimate deciding factor that will determine a room’s overall aesthetic appeal. That is why it is so important to pick the right upholstery fabric for office furniture.
Finding just the right upholstery fabric for office furniture is not as easy as one may think, especially if you are unfamiliar with upholstery fabrics. Thankfully, there is help available on how to pick the right upholstery fabric for your office’s furniture.
Helpful Tips on How to Choose the Right Upholstery Fabric for Your Office Furniture
There are many, many types of fabrics available for office furniture today, it can be a daunting experience to make a decision, but it doesn’t have to be if you are armed with a few helpful tips to guide you:
Consider the location – where will your office furniture be placed, will it be near a window and exposed to daily sunlight? Fabric fades over time when exposed to the sun, unless you move furniture away from any windows, you will need to choose an upholstery fabric colour and design that will hide fading as much as possible.
Durability – how much use does your office furniture get? If your office furniture is in a high traffic reception area, then you should avoid sensitive fabric such as linen and silk. Instead, pick a hardy upholstery fabric that can withstand daily use, fabric that has a tighter weave, for example. If you are unsure, an upholstery expert can help you choose a fabric that best meets your needs.
Fabric patterns – the pattern of the upholstery fabric you choose for your office furniture should match your décor theme. Also, for busy offices, some types of upholstery patterns can help to hide wear and stains better than just plan fabric.
Fabric colours – picking the right colour for your fabric is another important choice to make for your office furniture, as it will set the mood for your office space. Brighter colours are good to set a cheery vibe, while darker colours can provide a more relaxing atmosphere.
Fabric grade– while there are different grades of fabric, it doesn’t guarantee that a higher priced grade of fabric will be as durable as you need for your office furniture.
Considering all of the above tips on how to pick the right upholstery fabric for office furniture, it is advised to consult with an upholstery expert, as they can determine your needs and work with you in how to best reupholster your office furniture.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Good Idea When Moving to a New Home
- Upholstery using Velvet Fabric: A Way to Give an Old Furniture a Luxurious Look
- Revive Your Home Patio with the Upholstery of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Upholstery: A Sustainable Solution for Your Old Furniture
- Common Amateur Upholstery Mistakes that You Should Avoid
- Upholstery of Chiropractor and Massage Tables: Contact Absolute Upholstery
- Reuphosltery of Gym Equipment: Why is it Necessary?
- Reupholstering Old Furniture: Is it Practical and Worth the Cost?
- Recovering Soft Furniture Wear and Tear: Reupholstery is Your Budget-Friendly Solution
- Dentist Chair Reupholstery: What Makes it a Cost-Saving Idea?
- Furniture Upgrade for a Tight Budget: Why is Reupholstery the Best Option?
- Booth Seating Upholstery in Restaurants: What Type of Fabric Should You Choose?
- Benefits of Reupholstery for Built-in Couches with Upholstered Walls
- Reupholstery: Practical Solution for Scratched or Torn Office Reception Furniture Upholstery
- Modernise your Bar by Reupholstering Your Bar Lounges and Stools
- Optimise Your Work Space with Custom Made Upholstery
- How to Pick the Right Upholstery Fabric for Office Furniture
- Choosing Home Furniture Upholstery: Your Choice of Design Matters
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Practical Choice
- When to Reupholster Commercial Chairs and Lounges
- Home Furniture Upholstery: Why Quality and Design Matters
- Choosing Between Cotton and Foam as Upholstery Inserts: Pros and Cons
- Upholstery Slip Covers: Benefits, Purposes and Functions
- View all articles…