Furniture Reupholstery: A Budget Friendly Idea versus Buying a Brand New FurnitureMay 17, 2017
If you’re looking to redecorate, or simply change some of the now stale and outdated aesthetics of your home, one of the first steps you may have considered is investing in new furniture. While this in itself is a splendid and wholly welcome idea, especially for people who can actually spare enough funds to make a decent purchase, it isn’t for everybody however, since high-quality furniture doesn’t come cheap.
Some individuals consider purchasing either low-grade DIY furnishings or second-hand furniture from thrift shops and garage sales, and while the latter may have its perks, the former usually becomes a regretted decision, as well as a bad long-term investment.
Furniture Reupholstery an Affordable Option Versus Buying Brand New Furniture
If you already have decent furniture, even if it is a tad old and even slightly battered, choosing to reupholster rather than getting rid of it is a far better and cheaper alternative than buying new furniture. Furniture reupholstery is nothing new. In fact, many antique furnishings and vintage pieces that are found in most flea markets and bazaars have been reupholstered, at least once or twice in their lifetime.
Reupholstering was a common practice in earlier days, since the overall framework of furniture was made of high-quality wood and was basically designed to last. However, the cushion and its upholstery often wore down with age or became passé with the changing fashions. The age-old values of conservation and thrift didn’t jive well with the now purchase-oriented mentality of consumers, although, reupholstering is an excellent way to ‘update’ pre-existing furniture to suit the latest trends and to make it look like new.
The Practical Benefits of Furniture Reupholstery
- Savings – compared to the price of brand new furniture, reupholstering old ones are merely a fraction of the overall cost.
- Uniqueness – a modern upholstered cushion on a vintage piece not only looks pretty, but you can be sure that you have a one-of-a-kind piece that friends and family will envy.
- Durability – if your furniture’s framework is vintage or antique, then chances are it will stand the test of time. Getting rid of a piece of well-made older furniture for a newer one of lower quality is a big mistake, and one you can avoid through reupholstery.
If you’re looking for a great resource for furniture reupholstering and general custom upholstery jobs, then visit Absolute Upholstery today.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Different Upholstery Choices for Outdoor Furniture
- Prevention of Moulds and Bugs in Upholstery
- Creating Beautiful Upholstery for Your Business because First Impressions Last
- Commercial Upholstery in Sydney: Because Design and Quality Matters
- Best Material Options for Reupholstering Furniture from Foam to Fabric
- What is High Density Foam Material in Upholstery?
- Leather and Fabric Upholstery Combination
- Benefits of Recycling Old Lounges and Chairs for Home Use
- Absolute Upholstery: Giving Old Chairs and Sofas a New Life
- What are Comfort Wrinkles in Upholstered Furniture?
- How Customised Upholstery Can Help in Your Business Branding Image
- Tips for Matching Upholstery Patterns and Colours with Your Interior Design
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Budget Friendly Idea versus Buying a Brand New Furniture
- Helpful Tips for Cleaning and Care for your Upholstery
- Tips in Choosing the Right Textile for Your Furniture Upholstery
- Cushions: Filling Differences between Foam, Feather, and Polyester
- Customised Commercial Upholstery Needs for Business Fitouts
- Benefits of Hiring Professional Upholstery Services