Cushions for Sofas: Tips on How to Mix and Match with Your UpholsteryNovember 22, 2019
Sofa cushions are important elements for every room inside your home. Whether for your living room or bedroom, sofa cushions should be able to match your overall theme and design. But how do you mix and match? It’s easier to call for an interior design expert or someone who has a good eye for design. But, if you don’t have these luxuries, then you might just settle doing it yourself.
Mixing and matching sofa cushions with your upholstery can be a fun task, and this is something that should not really stress you out. As long as you have the right materials for the job, then you can start experimenting with your cushions.
Mix and Match Fabric Types and Colour Palettes
Old school design used to be limited to matching sofa cushions, pillows, and even ottomans with the same upholstery colour and fabric type. If you have brown velvet, then everything is plain brown or plain beige, and just the boring plain colours nearest to brown. But now, new trends in interior design offer eclectic decorating schemes that can go as far as having cushions in different colours and fabric texture. There is no limit to what your imagination can achieve, and there are no rules when it comes to your personal taste. You can experiment on contrasting colours and patterns, complimentary colours, crazy patterns, and different fabric like leather matched with other fabrics.
Upholster Sofa with Dual Fabrics
Nowadays, it has become a trend for newer furniture pieces to have different arm and backrest colours or fabric. If you choose to have this type of style, then you can also go bold with mixing sofa cushions with plain and patterned ones. Your choice of colour should depend on your theme whether you prefer dark solid to match with patterned light coloured fabrics or light coloured solid with patterned dark coloured fabrics. These are also common to many showrooms where designers feature a wide range of choices and these designs can help you make the right choices.
Trendy Colour Palettes
Neutral colour palettes are slowly disappearing and it is noticeable that other shades are becoming more available. Fresh plain whites matched with dark shades of any colour can brighten up any space, whether big or small. If you’re looking for a beachy or nautical theme in your home, plain white matched with navy blue sofa cushions can do the trick. Deep teal blue also works well for formal living rooms and can match with other colours, and as a base colour, it can even go well with different patterns.
Floral Colours and Patters
Floral prints are slowly making a comeback and greens are the most dominant particularly those in natural or kale shades. Green colour is most related to the colours of leaves and vines which goes really well with any floral design. If you decide to have floral colours and patterns, making the green colour your base colour for your sofa and matching it with floral printed cushions should work well together.
Whatever theme or style you choose for sofa cushions, you have to remember that in the end, it’s your personal choice that matters. It’s just a matter of execution and how you’ll make individual designs work out for your home. You have the option to change your sofa cushions depending on the season.
Just don’t forget the most important thing, your upholstery should be done by a company that provides excellent reupholstery services like Absolute Upholstery. When you have the right upholstery design and quality, mixing and matching your sofa cushions will not be a difficult task, and it will be something that you’ll truly enjoy.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Welcome the New Year with Newly Upholstered Furniture
- Know the Best Upholstery Fabric When You Have Pets at Home
- Cushions for Sofas: Tips on How to Mix and Match with Your Upholstery
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Good Idea When Moving to a New Home
- Upholstery using Velvet Fabric: A Way to Give an Old Furniture a Luxurious Look
- Revive Your Home Patio with the Upholstery of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Upholstery: A Sustainable Solution for Your Old Furniture
- Common Amateur Upholstery Mistakes that You Should Avoid
- Upholstery of Chiropractor and Massage Tables: Contact Absolute Upholstery
- Reuphosltery of Gym Equipment: Why is it Necessary?
- Reupholstering Old Furniture: Is it Practical and Worth the Cost?
- Recovering Soft Furniture Wear and Tear: Reupholstery is Your Budget-Friendly Solution
- Dentist Chair Reupholstery: What Makes it a Cost-Saving Idea?
- Furniture Upgrade for a Tight Budget: Why is Reupholstery the Best Option?
- Booth Seating Upholstery in Restaurants: What Type of Fabric Should You Choose?
- Benefits of Reupholstery for Built-in Couches with Upholstered Walls
- Reupholstery: Practical Solution for Scratched or Torn Office Reception Furniture Upholstery
- Modernise your Bar by Reupholstering Your Bar Lounges and Stools
- Optimise Your Work Space with Custom Made Upholstery
- How to Pick the Right Upholstery Fabric for Office Furniture
- Choosing Home Furniture Upholstery: Your Choice of Design Matters
- Furniture Reupholstery: A Practical Choice
- When to Reupholster Commercial Chairs and Lounges
- Home Furniture Upholstery: Why Quality and Design Matters
- Choosing Between Cotton and Foam as Upholstery Inserts: Pros and Cons
- Upholstery Slip Covers: Benefits, Purposes and Functions
- View all articles…