Creating Beautiful Upholstery for Your Business because First Impressions LastOctober 19, 2017
The choice of upholstery can make or break a setting, that is why choosing the right one for the home or office is a tricky affair, especially since a lot of people assume that anything expensive immediately equates to ‘good looking’. However, in the world of furniture design, price isn’t always a hallmark of aesthetics or quality.
If you are looking to impress potential clientele who come to visit your office for consultation or during a professional meeting of any sort, then choosing the right type of furniture upholstery really does matters.
Create A Lasting First Impression With Beautiful Upholstery
There are certain aesthetic standards in office settings that are a tad more stringent compared to household ones, but overall, it is the proper application of upholstery as a way to set the mood that can leave a lasting impression on people, for good or bad, and that really matters.
The ‘proper’ choice for office furniture usually revolves around the more sombre hues and the traditional trappings of dark wood and warm leather. However, times are changing, and with it, so are aesthetics.
Today, ‘futuristic’ office furniture can be had that are almost a complete antithesis to traditional standards; however, these tend to be kitschy at times and don’t always leave the impression desired. Bold, striking colours as well as a change in the choice of upholstery materials fare better for the more ‘modern’ offices, along with aesthetics that hint of minimalism, with a touch of pizzazz.
If you want to create a lasting first impression with beautiful upholstery, and you would like some help, then here are some pointers to help you:
- Hues are everything – the colour scheme you pick isn’t always a dead giveaway of your favourite colour. More often than not, in professional settings, colours are used to create or elicit a specific mood in people. With that said, darker colours like rich browns, mahogany, deep reds, greys and black create a sombre, serious atmosphere and are perfect if you want clients to take you very seriously. However, it can be somewhat overbearing and intimidating if you use too much.
Lighter hues, especially in tones of blue establish trust and calm in people, while hues of green relaxes people to put their guard down.
- Choice materials and textures – there is a reason why leather is so popular in offices – is gives a rich, sleek look and has a wonderful texture. It is things like this that leaves the most memorable of impressions on individuals.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Choosing Between Cotton and Foam as Upholstery Inserts: Pros and Cons
- Upholstery Slip Covers: Benefits, Purposes and Functions
- Upholstery Fabric Choices and Options for Antique Furniture
- Advantages of Newly Reupholstered Lounge Seats for Waiting Areas
- Choosing between Fabric or Leather Upholstery for Home Theatre Seating: Individual seats / love seats /divan-type seating
- Reupholstering Office Seats and Lounges versus Buying New Ones
- Springtime Furniture and Upholstery Design Ideas for Outdoor Use
- 5 Best Ideas to Turn Your Old and Rickety Household Lounges into Something Useful
- Commercial Upholstery: The Importance of Fabric Testing for Durability and Strength
- Reviving Antique Furniture with Quality Reupholstery
- Household Upholstery Recycling: Don't Forget the Upholstery
- Outdoor Bench Cushion Materials: Best Options that You Can Choose From
- Commercial Upholstery: How New Fabric Designs Can Impact Your Business Personality
- Restaurant Furniture Upholstery: Best Upholstery Fabrics that Work Best
- Integrating Reupholstered Furniture with Your New Home Décor
- Foam, Feather and Polyester Cushion Fillings: Choose What is Right for You
- Velvet versus Corduroy in Fabric for Reupholstery: What are the Differences?
- Faux Leather vs. Genuine Leather as Materials for Upholstery
- Pros and Cons of Soft Fabric Materials for Upholstery
- Benefits of Customised Cushions for Your Home Sofa
- Genuine Leather for Commercial Upholstery: How Can You Tell What's Real Material and What's Not?
- Commercial Upholstery and Reupholstery for Hotels and Motels
- 5 Good Reasons Why You Should Spend Money for Professional Reupholstery Services
- New Sofa Upholstery Trends for the New Year 2018